Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.

HomeRD WebsiteCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday to TDP
Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

» Do people still even sign up for this site?
Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 am by Conway

September 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

Changing Characters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Chozo's new main is...
Pikachu
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
Pit
30%
 30% [ 3 ]
ZSS
10%
 10% [ 1 ]
Marth
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
Toon Link
20%
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Changing Characters   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:16 am

Hey guys, I've recently started brawling offline and come to realize that as good as Marth is, there are just too many around to really stand out. I've already started down the path of the Pika, but if you think that's a bad idea here's your chance to let me know.
I started to pick up Pit a little bit last month, and I've been working on ZSS since December. Marth feels so natural to me that he's kind of hard to pass up on some match-ups, and Toon Link looks like a lot of fun (plus Oklahoma is seriously lacking a real Toon Link player).
I'm skeptical of Pit because he is so easily gimped.
I don't really wanna do ZSS anymore since we've got one of the top ZSS players in the nation here in Oklahoma; FK1.
Marth is stale and gay.
Tink is hard to pick up and play properly.
Pikachu is really fun, and I'm already leaning heavily towards using him.

Opinions people!

Last edited by TheMasterDusk on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited the poll so that vote-cancelling is allowed)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com http://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
StarGalaxy777
Hunter

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:40 am

Go for Marth, havent played a good one in a while, I see people grab and throw me forward and do forward air repititiously, make marth look good
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:10 pm

StarGalaxy777 wrote:
Go for Marth, havent played a good one in a while, I see people grab and throw me forward and do forward air repititiously, make marth look good

Hie guyz, i'm badger, and i'm cool and stuffz :DDDDD

No Marth for you Chozo, you just don't have the playstyle for him. He is one of those boring characters that relies* solely on spacing (not entirely true but you get the point). Yeah I get where your going about using ZSS so I wouldn't choose her either. Pit is really annoying :p which is the way that you like to play, but you would have to learn a lot of things that I don't know if you feel like doing. Tink is also very annoying -__- lol so you could pick up him, but then again the best Tinks have weird ways of moving (unpredictable if you will) >>actually, brawl is mostly mindgames, so I guess that's not unusual<< which you are really not like that. You could always use Olimar, but I never thought you would go down that path. As much as it pains me to say Pika is one of your top options here, for he is annoying, unpredictable just because he is Pika, and is just all around fun. Remember that this is coming from a Pika Main's view so of course I wouldn't make the right decision, because if you wanna win the right decision is to tier whore lol. Also stay in school and don't do drugs! Alright I'm out for now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StarGalaxy777
Hunter

Male
Brawl FC : 3781-0731-7137

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Basically, what I gather from what Badger is saying is that choose your own path and stick to it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TROGINATOR
Junior

Male
Brawl FC : 4081-5224-6467

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Toon Link, because I don't want to be the only one hurling Ganon thirty feet off Battlefield as a ten-year-old.

Really, he is pretty awesome, and probably the least annoying of all the characters listed there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:07 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
You could always use Olimar, but I never thought you would go down that path. As much as it pains me to say Pika is one of your top options here, for he is annoying, unpredictable just because he is Pika, and is just all around fun. Remember that this is coming from a Pika Main's view so of course I wouldn't make the right decision, because if you wanna win the right decision is to tier whore lol.

Lol I didn't put Oli as an option and you know it.

Pika is fun, and annoying as hell to n00bs.

Tier whoring is generally the way to go. Have you noticed that Pika and Marth are top-tier characters? I also wanna learn Game and Priority... just sayin...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com http://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:38 pm

TROGINATOR wrote:
Toon Link, because I don't want to be the only one hurling Ganon thirty feet off Battlefield as a ten-year-old.

Really, he is pretty awesome, and probably the least annoying of all the characters listed there.

Ahem Toon Link is probably the most if not the second most annoying outta all those characters.

AngryBadger wrote:

Lulz somebody hacked me =p
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
AngryBadger wrote:

Lulz somebody hacked me =p

Just like somebody hacked my poll. Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuusk! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RedJemFlashFeng95
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male
Brawl FC : 4640-8781-7337

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:13 pm

go yoshi. he came to smash for two purposes..to kick *** and chew bubblegum..and hes all out of bubblegum. and it should be obvious where i got that from for all the smart people here..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:14 pm

main samus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
TROGINATOR
Junior

Male
Brawl FC : 4081-5224-6467

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:45 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
TROGINATOR wrote:

Ahem Toon Link is probably the most if not the second most annoying outta all those characters.

Ahem, Toon Link is only annoying if A) you fail at life, B) your opponent is really awesome, or C) a combination of A) and B).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:08 pm

TROGINATOR wrote:
Ahem, Toon Link is only annoying if A) you fail at life, B) your opponent is really awesome, or C) a combination of A) and B).

Actually my good sir your answer "A) you fail at life" The answer itself phails at life. When tink is played correctly he is a spammy little douche-bag from hell. Answer "B) your opponent is really awesome" Is also completely false and really makes no sense. And seeing that answer "C) a combination of A) and B)" Is a combo of Answer A and B then it is way off.

Thats all from me,
Badger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:12 pm

AngryBadger wrote:
TROGINATOR wrote:

Actually my good sir your answer "A) you fail at life" The answer itself phails at life. When tink is played correctly he is a spammy little douche-bag from hell. Answer "B) your opponent is really awesome" Is also completely false and really makes no sense. And seeing that answer "C) a combination of A) and B)" Is a combo of Answer A and B then it is way off.

Thats all from me,
Badger

Oh dear, once again Badger has Brawl PMS...
lol!
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:28 am

Ohh, I thought wii were voting on MDusk's main...whoops.

Uhh.., anyway, I think you would suit well with Pikachu or Pit, ToC. They are both spammable and can be very annoying. Toon Link seems too small for you. And Marth wouldn't be a new main because I thought that was who your previous main was. Keep at it with ZSS. And stay away from Solimar, he's too powerful and will bring total destruction to the field of play when he bring him out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:12 pm

I'll decide on a main over spring break.
Who's ready to brawl this weekend?

Last edited by Triforce Of Chozo on Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Lol f*** off Dusk)
Back to top Go down
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:59 pm

Ok, so here's what I would suggest. By your list, you seem to be into characters with many ranged efficiencies (ie Sheik). Looking at your main points, I would actually tell you to reconsider Pit. Sure, his AiB society is full of very annoying people, but some are helpful, and you really are looking too hard at his weaknesses rather than his strengths. He's got multiple jumps. He can glide. He has the Wings of Palutena, which can be canceled. He has a shield which serves purposes of defense and works double as a gimping device somewhat similar to Mario's cape. He has arrows that hurt, and can be controlled, looped and chained together. He's actually quite a good character, you don't give him enough credit. Overlooking the arrow looping and raining, his learning curve isn't too difficult. I could really see you playing Pit in the future. As for Pika, do what you want, but I'd rather not have another person playing a character where all I can do is megacamp until I have a sliver of opportunity, or get a single mindgame in. Patience is good, but it gets old >_>
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmetroidomega
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:15 pm

I've actually been leaning back towards Pit since I played Badger again the other day. He just feels right sometimes. Others, he just gets gimped hard. I'd like to sit down and learn some arrow tricks though, they work pretty effectively. Have you ever seen AdmiralPit do his thing?
Badger has. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing Characters   

Back to top Go down

Changing Characters
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1