Sorry this is a private party, log in or register
to get your name on the list.

HomeRD WebsiteCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
The forum is under immense reconstruction at the moment, but new members are still welcome to register
Newly registered members should start by making an introduction thread.
Any other thread they attempt to make will be locked until an introduction has been made.
All users with zero posts will be removed at the end of the month.
If you have any ideas, hit up the admins in the chat or shoot them a PM.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:07 pm
Latest topics
» Happy Birthday to TDP
Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:44 pm by CallousVulpix

» It's time for RD to revive
Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:04 pm by AngryBadger

» Hello boys and girls
Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:03 pm by AngryBadger

» Rapid Dissension Skype chat group
Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm by Chozo

» How did Rosalina get in over Daisy
Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:55 am by ~Momentai~

» Sound Off?
Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:28 pm by Chozo

» Requesting a Smash Meeting
Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:10 pm by StarGalaxy777

» SSB4 3DS
Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:50 am by AngryBadger

» We need an SSB4 section.
Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:40 am by AngryBadger

» Do people still even sign up for this site?
Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:37 am by Conway

July 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar

Share | 

My temporary leave

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Are Posting Contests a Good Idea?
Yes, it sounds good
33%
 33% [ 1 ]
Yes, if it had a couple of changes
67%
 67% [ 2 ]
I'LL WIN!!1!1!!
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No, it really doesn't interest me
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
No, the idea isn't good
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Darkmetroidomega
O Captain! My Captain!
O Captain! My Captain!

Male
Brawl FC : 2320-5897-5717

PostSubject: My temporary leave   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:05 pm

Hello, RD members. I hope you're all excited for the holidays as much as I am! Unfortunately, I will be leaving for a week-long trip to Cali starting Saturday, and will have no way of contacting anyone until my return. I'm hoping that you all will stay active and thriving even in my absence! Keep the forum alive!

So, seeing as how I control the forum and update it, here's what's being planned for the future, when I return:

1. I plan to finish the forums. There will be many more Categories, and I'm pretty sure I'll have a crapload of topics to move in order to organize everything, i.e. I'll have to move all the topics regarding Brawl to the "Brawl Discussion Forum" that will be made soon Wink
  2. I'm going to fix site glitches that have been happening constantly, I'm sure that no one has noticed them, but they hinder my abilities to make adjustments as admin.
  3. I plan to finish up every important topic regarding site rules, and afterwards, clan tryouts. This way we'll be able to finally set up some dates and go public with our site Very Happy
  4. The icing on top of the cake, I'm going to attempt to revamp the whole look of this forum and make it into one of the best, if not the best, clan/community sites out there.
  5. When the site gets populated, I'll begin to appoint mods and chat mods (whose color TDP is showing off right now, as he is the top poster of the month and year of 2009!). Secondary admins will probably be avoided as much as possible.
  6. Later on, I'll start making contests out of posting counts. I'll make a special color and custom title for whoever gets the most posts in a month, and eventually, the whole year!
  7. Much more to come!
So, with all of these premises for the future, I'm going to be off for my vacation. I hope you'll all keep the site together until I return and carry out the list above Wink Enjoy your Christmas, everybody! <3

~TheMasterDusk~

AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:42 pm

TheMasterDusk wrote:

So, seeing as how I control the forum and update it, here's what's being planned for the future, when I return:

1. I plan to finish the forums. There will be many more Categories, and I'm pretty sure I'll have a crapload of topics to move in order to organize everything, i.e. I'll have to move all the topics regarding Brawl to the "Brawl Discussion Forum" that will be made soon Wink
  2. I'm going to fix site glitches that have been happening constantly, I'm sure that no one has noticed them, but they hinder my abilities to make adjustments as admin.
  3. I plan to finish up every important topic regarding site rules, and afterwards, clan tryouts. This way we'll be able to finally set up some dates and go public with our site Very Happy
  4. The icing on top of the cake, I'm going to attempt to revamp the whole look of this forum and make it into one of the best, if not the best, clan/community sites out there.
  5. When the site gets populated, I'll begin to appoint mods and chat mods (whose color TDP is showing off right now, as he is the top poster of the month and year of 2009!). Secondary admins will probably be avoided as much as possible.
  6. Later on, I'll start making contests out of posting counts. I'll make a special color and custom title for whoever gets the most posts in a month, and eventually, the whole year!
  7. Much more to come!
I look forward to this site going public myself [Only admins are allowed to see this image]
Are you guys looking forward to it as much as I am?

TheMasterDusk wrote:

So, with all of these premises for the future, I'm going to be off for my vacation. I hope you'll all keep the site together until I return and carry out the list above Wink Enjoy your Christmas, everybody! <3

~TheMasterDusk~

I hope you enjoy your Christmas as well!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male
Brawl FC : 1334-0833-5623

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 pm

I see you're fiddling more with the site already. I have no doubt the finished product will be stunning.
Have fun on your trip!

(Darn, I knew I should've kept trying to outpost Plumber!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com http://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter

Male
Brawl FC : 4426 1734 7606

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:46 pm

Postah uv teh yeerz roflz!!!!1!!!

I'm the highest poster and a totally pro Yoshi player, plus my name is pink (almost a step down, if it weren't bolded and exclusive). Life is sweet.

I didn't vote for the poll up there, because I'm conflicted. I see how it encourages user activity (plus bragging rights), but it definatly puts a competitve air on the whole posting thing. Sometimes I don't reply to a comment where I would elsewhere because it's not the most signifcant comment and I'd hate to be seen as a points whore. Overall, though, it should keep people trying, so long as administrators keep it from being abused as the site goes public and attracts some real pricks.

Speaking of going public, I'm excited! While I love the tight-knit community we've sewed here, it's tough coming up against invisible walls- I want to explore the whole world, go as far as our abilities will let us. We also all seem to have similar opinions on many things (except favorite stages), oddly enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flamemetal3
Hunter

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:50 pm

I'm freakin' scared of this site going public, especially with the eerie dark background that wii have going on right now. Wii need to get as far ahead as wii can in our points and posts as wii can so that the newcomers will have no way of reaching us even if they tried. Of course like DarkPlumber says, wii shouldn;'t post like crazy maniacs on a posting spree, but enough so that wii can take a huge lead in the site as the leaders o f this place.

I'll be texture hacking and Brawling this whole Winter Break! Prepare to meet the cross between Cool and Epic!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:10 pm

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
Sometimes I don't reply to a comment where I would elsewhere because it's not the most signifcant comment and I'd hate to be seen as a points whore.

And I as well. I like being a leading poster, and I hope to keep it up for as long as we're here, but I'm not going to just spam every topic to rack up posts.
Flamemetal, I think we'll be just fine. I'm not worried individually, I like the idea that others can see us as a group of friends who produce a lot of chatter amongst ourselves. So long as we're all grouped together, it doesn't really matter who posts the most. Also, take a look at what your posts say. As long as we just keep up continual good conversation and don't just give little one line posts for the sake of posting, it shouldn't matter.
Jem and Envioux just get online to brawl, they aren't really ones for the chatter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://triforceofchozo.deviantart.com http://www.youtube.com/user/triforceofchozo
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:48 pm

In fact, I think we set the standards for what our community expects. We not only destroy inactive users, but we are each very comfortable with each other. Some may find it hard to break into our forums, but we've actually given them plenty of options (introduction forum ftw). I like that being here nearly forces you to contribute... that's something I wish certain other websites did a little more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AngryBadger
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male
Brawl FC : 3051-5262-4330

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:13 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
In fact, I think we set the standards for what our community expects. We not only destroy inactive users, but we are each very comfortable with each other. Some may find it hard to break into our forums, but we've actually given them plenty of options (introduction forum ftw). I like that being here nearly forces you to contribute... that's something I wish certain other websites did a little more.

Plumber I feel the same way Wink

flamemetal wrote:
I'm freakin' scared of this site going public

I don't really understand why you feel that way [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:31 am

AngryBadger wrote:

flamemetal wrote:
I'm freakin' scared of this site going public

I don't really understand why you feel that way [Only admins are allowed to see this image]

I can't speak for him, but even I like the feeling of this website as it is- a gathering place for a handful of friends who seem to get closer with every passing day. But even with potentially dozens of new people, we still won't go away (at least I certainly hope not). Best case scenario, we meet some awesome new people that are funny, deep thinkers, and excellent brawlers (we've been learning each other's styles a little too well, some variety is always nice).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:30 pm

I think this site will attract a lot of people, both good and bad, but only the good will stick. The current setup seems to be anti-troll/flame, so those annoying people won't be able to take over.
I like the idea of fresh people to brawl, even if it will only be for a short time for me.
Back to top Go down
flamemetal3
Hunter

Male
Brawl FC : 1161-0480-7751

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:23 am

Huh, I heard the word flame.

Well, the reason I'm kind of not looking forward to this public site thing is because it already feels good with just the five/six of us around here (main ones). I mean I'm just not looking for a whole mob of Brawlers to come populate the place. I like to have space.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Zeroforce14
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:45 am

Even if we somehow reach dozens of new members, you can always just personal message those who you wish to remain close to. As long as you drop in with an occasional forum post, you'll be safe from being swept. You might even pull off the shadowy, mystery figure if you work at it right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:54 am

We gotta remember, MDusk (and Badger) decided to make this clan to be something amazing, a far cry from the usual short-lived prickfests that are most clans. If a great community should blossom out of it, all the better. I'm stoked to be here before everyone else, as we should all be.
This place is going to grow, I mean there are 10 spots for clan brawlers. Will they all be filled? Eventually probably, but not immediately. There's plenty of time to grow into this place, and have others do the same. We'll be just fine. I trust in MDusk to know exactly what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:18 am

What if we attract such awesome brawlers that they're all better than MDusk? What happens then? This is just me being curious.

But hypothetical conspiracy theories aside, MDusk not only has a very clear vision of what he wants, but a very precise method of how to execute it. I think as long as he stays faithful, the site will never fall short of its lofty goals.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chozo
Order of the Moderado
Order of the Moderado

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:31 am

TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:
What if we attract such awesome brawlers that they're all better than MDusk? What happens then? This is just me being curious.

But hypothetical conspiracy theories aside, MDusk not only has a very clear vision of what he wants, but a very precise method of how to execute it. I think as long as he stays faithful, the site will never fall short of its lofty goals.

If we do happen to reel in someone better than MDusk (and Badger), you have to factor in several things:
They won't be smart enough to lead.
They are smart, in which case they are also reasonable and see how amazing Dusk is. They will be content to be the best brawler, not leader.
Either way, Dusk is alpha and omega. Plus, power comes from the people (us). Nobody here would ever let anyone try a takeover. Plus, Dusk runs the site :3
Back to top Go down
TheDarkPlumber2.0
Hunter

Male

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Triforce Of Chozo wrote:
TheDarkPlumber2.0 wrote:

If we do happen to reel in someone better than MDusk (and Badger), you have to factor in several things:
They won't be smart enough to lead.
They are smart, in which case they are also reasonable and see how amazing Dusk is. They will be content to be the best brawler, not leader.
Either way, Dusk is alpha and omega. Plus, power comes from the people (us). Nobody here would ever let anyone try a takeover. Plus, Dusk runs the site :3

Okay, makes sense. I was hit with that question and wanted to explore it. MDusk does make for a fine leader, no doubt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My temporary leave   

Back to top Go down

My temporary leave
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1